In this article, I would be discussing the things that I feel (very important) you should not miss in Mumbai, but travel is a uniquely personal experience and every person sees each city in a different way, so this is just a reference guide… Cool, so let’s get started…
Mumbai is known as the city of dreams but it never sleeps. However, it is a city with many avatars and contradictions. It has several of the country’s oldest and revered temples in its fold such as the Siddhivinayak Temple, the Mumba Devi Temple (after which Mumbai is named), Mahalakshmi Temple, just to name a few while being one of the biggest metropolitan cities in India. Also, Mumbai is a great shopping center (especially if you are into buying quality goods at a cheap rate) while also housing some of India’s most expensive malls. Furthermore, and the most interesting to me, Mumbai is the first city I have seen where slums are surrounded by high-rises. You never know what Mumbai will show you next.
The list of things I feel you should not miss doing when in Mumbai:
- Mumbai Darshan: This was something I was skeptical about, but I tried it on the recommendation of a friend and I loved it… This allows you to see most of Mumbai in a day and it’s a fun way to see the city.
- Walk around Marine Drive: Marine Drive is one of the oldest area of Mumbai and just the buildings there alone will make it worth your while. A walk there is just amazing, it’s full of buildings that have tons of history and some are even from the British period of Indian history.
- Drive on Bandra-Worli Sea Link: A drive down Bandra-Worli sea link should surely be on the top of the list of things to do in Mumbai, it’s that amazing, the view is spectacular and will not disappoint at all….
- Shopping in Local Markets: If you love shopping, then Mumbai is the place to be…. Colaba Causeway, Crawford market, Fashion Street, just to name a few… Check them all out, especially on weekends, since then they have a sale going…
- Sunset on Juhu Beach: Sunset on Juhu Beach is something that touches your heart and soul, where you forget the business all around you and just feel the beauty of nature with the sun and the sea.
- Travel Via Mumbai Local: This is on every list about Mumbai, so no big surprise there….
- Chat on Chowpatty: Chat on chowpatty (even sounds appealing) and it is appealing to your tastebuds, so be prepared, there is a variety of chat that you have to try at Chowpatty….
- Visit the Temples: If you like the spiritual feeling you get in temples, then you can visit Mahalakshmi Temple, Siddhivinayak Temple and Mumba Devi Temple (Mumbai’s name-sake).
These are just my recommendations after this visit, they may change later, and even you can suggest somethings if you go there. Anyway, I did all of this and I loved it all…. Hope you do too….